To purchase a print of this drawing by author/artist
Lee Pantas, visit
Cherry Orchard Studio
Industries Historic District
Industries complex of buildings is situated on an eleven and one-half acre tract
adjacent to the
Grove Park Inn. The seven buildings of the grouping,
which vary in size and form, lie in a row along the top of a ridge. These
cottages were constructed in 1917 under the supervision of Fred Seely, designer
and owner of the Grove Park Inn. The purpose was to provide workshops for the
production of high-quality crafts and fine hand-woven cloth that would be
pleasing to the workers, and to provide a special to visitors at the Grove Park
by offering the opportunity to observe the manufacturing process and to purchase
Today the Biltmore Industries Buildings house the Grovewood Gallery, the
Estes-Winn Automobile Museum, the
North Carolina Homespun Museum and the Grovewood Cafe.
Directions: Take Charlotte Street to Macon Avenue.
Turn right on Macon and go to Grove Park Inn Resort, 290
Macon Avenue. Turn left into the innís parking area and bear
right to go down the hill and left at the stop sign to
Grovewood Road and Grovewood Shops area.